Developmental Disability Services
Developmental disability services are provided based on the needs and desires of the participant. Participants are actively involved in developing their support plan to ensure the services provided are person centered. The ultimate goal is to provide services and supports that allow each individual to live successfully in the community. Participants may choose to receive services from the Day Program, the Residential Program or both. Referrals for services are processed thorough the DBHDD Region IV office in Thomasville. The contact is 1-877-683-8557.
Developmental disability services offer a comprehenisve program which serves citizens in our eight county area.
- Community Access (participation in the community through group or individual activities)
- Prevocational (developing job skills)
- Employment in the Community
- Support to live in the home of a participant’s family member
- Support to live in a home the participant rents/owns
- Support to live in a host home chosen by the participant
- Nursing services
DD Service Centers:
1120 W. Broad Ave.
Calhoun, Early and Miller counties
DD Service Center
218 Damascus St.
Terrell, Lee and Calhoun counties
508 Oak St.